Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dapper dudes, miss-bowled and flexible filtering

Hey there partner!  =)  Glad you took the time to head my direction... 

This weekend was fun.  Elisa came over on Saturday and we had some great talks.  I had promised her a surprise activity, so she thought it was great when we finally arrived at Sunny Bowl in Mountain View to do a little bowling...  here is Sunny Bowl...
Yes indeed, it really looks "Sunny" in there, but you should've seen the look on their faces when I walked toward the door and turned right around seeing that there was no way that they had a bowling alley "in the back!"  =)  I suppose I had the funnier/confused look on my face though.  I should've done my homework a little better!!  Well, we finally did find a place to go bowling (Palo Alto Bowl) and really enjoyed ourselves.  Hopefully you get this quote, but I felt much more like "King of the Lanes" than "King of the Trolls" for this pic...


I think I need to do more manual labor or something because we only bowled two games and my hands were a little sore from gripping the ball...  No good!  =(

Elisa was sure that she could beat me at this game... (we have an ongoing competition when we play games).  As it turned out, I beat her the first game and she beat me in the 2nd.  Just 'cause I'm so proud of our high scores, I thought I'd post the frames for everyone to see (this is for you James!).

It was E-Train vs. G-Dog, and the battle was a fierce one!  I even have the play-by-play for you with this next video, lol



So, we had a good time there.  That was Saturday, on Sunday, I needed to accomplish some things for work, so I have been researching and designing a variable-frequency, variable-order filter to address that problem that I posted a few days ago.  I think I have it conquered, but I wish I could simulate the thing...  that always gives me more confidence.  Here is the rough block diagram


It is kinda neat how variable frequency filters can be realized these days...  the one I'm designing is based on something called "Switched-Capacitors" which emulate resistors.... kinda cool really.  Even though it is an analog filter, it is actually discretely sampled; that is, even though I can put a very precise amount of water in my bucket, I'm still getting a fixed number of buckets every second...  like everything, it is a tradeoff, but with a little pre-filtering, and at high speed "bucketing" (like 100 kHz) I can get very nice looking, accurate filtering done...  way cool.  =)

Lastly on my update agenda is the fact that this is likely my last post from my current abode (in Sunnyvale).  Cousin Scott closes escrow on his home tomorrow, so we'll be moving in this week!  =)  yay!  so next time I should have some pictures of the new place.  In a nostalgic bid to remember this little hat-hanger, I took one last pic of the bathroom...  only because it had two mirrors and I could doubly reverse my reflection and show you the cool new CSUC pride I have!!!   LOL, I'll miss something things about this place, but I sure wont miss the family below us that get in an argument at 11:30pm every evening....  anyhow, here is the new duds


pretty snazzy, right?  Even some nice baller Chico State shorts...  Garrett, you're afraid of these shorts, aren't you?  Well, you should be.  personally, I'd give you one chance in three.  More tea anyone?

Okay, well that's it for now...  one last thought, tho: you should really drink more water, it's sooooo good for you!


2 comments:

  1. Water is good for you!!! Good tip, brother.

    Want to see you guys soon.... come back up and visit. k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: SOOOOO happy that you got rid of the facial hair. :)

    ReplyDelete