Thursday, February 19, 2009

Birthdays come and go

Well, it was my birthday, but now I am in a sea of un-birthdays. I had a marvelous day, lots of well-wishers and such. I thought I should post this funny little video that I took that morning with my phone (Samsung Omnia, courtesy of Don... thanks Don). My roommates are hilarious. ;)

I should mention that the reason Stephen's joke is funny is because there was lipstick on his jug of milk in the fridge (compliments of Leanne, I think), but he forgets to say that part...

I also had to ponder things, which is of course my way of emotional/mental digestion. All the ponderances do not belong on this blog, but one that I am currently sweating (in a good way), is my master's thesis topic.

I am currently deciding between a few different ideas, but after meeting with my two advisors (Ghandakly and Word) I think I am deciding between two possibilities. I could work on a control system for the shaker head, which would be a very fun project, and would involve a lot of fun stuff, and kind of be a capstone on the work I did when I started school (10 years ago...). That combined with the fact that I just saw an Israeli presentation of their digitally controlled shaker, and I know that I can do better!! (it's tough being this competitive!)

On the other hand, I could do a control system for active suspension for a 6-wheeled vehicle. This would be really fun, because it is another project that has been a long time in development and would be really neat to see work and could make some money for the company... always a good thing. ****Comments welcome on this***** Let me know what you think... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Little Bro!! Did you get our singing message on Garrett's phone? You need to let us know your new number, Dude!!! Or are you purposefully leaving us in the dark on that one? lol
    Hope it was a good day -- the pancakes looked good and that's a great way to start a day! Thanks for posting the video -- too funny!

    ReplyDelete