Thursday, February 12, 2009

Why today could've been better but wasn't terrible

No picture (definitely not video) today. Today I will tell you a story, and you will listen (if you know what's good for you).

It all began when i realized that I needed to wear a particular pair of jeans because my other two pairs were dirty (that is, they needed to be washed). So I am going through my (mostly) normal monring routine... brush teeth, put on clothes, etc. I have to work at 8am at the research lab, so I need to be in the truck by 7:40am. I am on time. This makes me happy. ;)

Then I park my truck, the normal 5 blocks away so I don't have to pay for parking over by the bus stop on 5th street. Hardly anyone is walking by since it is 5 blocks (about) from school. I continue to walk along my normal pathways, cut Orange before 4th, cut across the parking lot on 3rd, etc. Finally, I am about 2 blocks from my campus, people are quite a bit more plentiful by this time, getting to their morning classes across 2nd street. Then I feel a chilling breeze near my crotchal region... not good. I tried to quickly fix the problem, but there was no way to do that discretely - it was all the way down...

"Okay, game plan Gavin." I thought to myself. I quickly dodged between two parked cars and looked aimlessly around while my fingers tried to diagnose and solve, but to no avail. Realizing that time was the big obstacle, and I needed to get this finished quickly, I looked down and went to work. The problem was that things were stuck, so it took a fair amount of pulling (and a tad bit of jumping) to get things as they ought to be (up). When I had finally succeeded in my quest to close the barn, I looked up to find several people staring as they walked by wondering why I was jumping up and down and such. Embarrasing.

Finally, once said quest was completed, I continued my walk toward work. After a little bit of adrenaline (or whatever chemical is at work) wore off, I felt a stinging pain in my left thumb. Due to the temperature, and stiffness of the zipper, I had ripped half my fingernail off! So then I decided that the bookstore would be closesest place to obtain a bandage. Fortunately, no one asked me during the day how I hurt my thumb...

The rest of the day went really well, but I decided in the back of my mind, that the new jeans I am going to buy will be button-fly! (Yes dad, you were right.) I Hope you enjoyed my little story.

2 comments:

  1. ROLF!!!! Hope the rest of your day only got better! Thanks for sharing - I'll smile all day now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With sweatpants you don't to worry about any of that!

    ReplyDelete